Digital Branding - The Power of the Brand
Brands have never been as important for customers as they are today – and that applies to all product, retail and service categories as well as distribution channels. Five comments from Dr Marcus Ackermann, Member of the Executive Board, about the rebirth of brands in the e-commerce sector and how they guarantee unique shopping experiences, tailor-made offers, and high confidence for the customer.
Companies who fail to invest in new technology today will face huge problems tomorrow.
- Brands need a strong profile and a message that can be clearly communicated, more so than ever before. This is the only way in which they can keep their promise – lending direction to make the right choice given the overwhelming range of digital commerce goods on offer.
- Successful brands can now be found in many different channels, devices and international markets. The key point here is that the brand image remains consistent on all levels
- The customer determines the offer. If companies do not provide individually relevant and tailor-made offers today, their goods will not be purchased.
- Brand loyalty is no longer a mystery but a benchmark of measurable customer satisfaction. This requires the use of technology: Companies who fail to invest in new technology today will face huge problems tomorrow.
- A brand doesn’t have to be a jack of all trades. We don’t have to take every digital trend on board. It’s all about providing the right content and services at the right time, via the right channel and in the right format.