Software Developer Search Algorithms (m/f)
Each employee in our 123 companies of the Otto Group contributes daily with innovative ideas
to bring us closer to our common goal: to become "Best in class" in all areas.
Your tasks are:
As a Software Developer Search algorithms (f/m) you are involved in the development of our e-commerce platform and theoptimization of our search engine. You develop new components for text searchfunction and suggestion, as well as analytics and optimization tools. You arepassionate about search technologies and you have fun trying new stuff, such as Machine Learning or new search engines. In cooperation with our product owner and search team, you will make a significant contribution to the success of our shop development. Scrum is not just a slogan for us, but aliving reality. Our team plans and organizes its work autonomously. The Scrum Master and team leader see themselves as supporters and enablers of team requirements. We are currently in the process of setting up guilds in which ourdevelopers deal with team-overlapping topics such as architecture, codequality, testing and continuing professional development.
Our requirements are:
- A successfully completed Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering or a similar discipline
- Sound knowledge of Java (preferably the latest version) with several years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of Apache Solr or similar technologies
- Knowledge of script languages
- Familiar with search engines, text search function and suggestion
- Good knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- You are familiar with the handling of QA measures such as unit tests, pair programming, code reviews and TDD
- Passion for “clean code” and quality standards
- Experience in the field of modern software architectures and agile development structures
- Commitment, good communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- An attractive, modernworkplace in the heart of Berlin
- A motivated team that welcomesinnovation
- Exciting tasks and a greatdeal of personal responsibility
- The daily opportunity todevelop your own strengths
- Individual developmentopportunities, room for new ideas and flat hierarchies
- Flexible working hours forindependent working and optimum compatibility of family and career
Please send your meaningful application with reference no.
Potsdamer Straße 192
Curious? Then getto know us. Take a look at our career site and apply direct online. We lookforward to hearing from you!
Contact person: Isabel Manrique