(Senior) R&D Data Scientist (f/m/d)
Alle Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter in jeder der 123 Einzelgesellschaften der Otto Group tragen täglich mit innovativen Ideen dazu bei, uns unserem gemeinsamen Ziel näher zu bringen: in allen Bereichen Best in Class zu werden.
We are a Hamburg-based FinTech company that empowers enterprise customers with a software platform for digitising end-customer invoices and dunning processes. Based on artificial intelligence, we combine digital communication channels with a variety of payment methods. Our mission is to use smart technology to make the previously analogue payment processes for customers and companies intelligent and convenient.
With our comprehensive software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution, we optimise the customer journey of customers of banks, e-commerce and mobility companies, energy providers, insurers and telecommunications providers, among others, with industry-specific, innovative features.
Founded in 2016 in the innovation incubator of Otto Group Digital Solutions, we are part of Europe's largest e-commerce group, the Otto Group.
We are looking for an accomplished, motivated and self-driven data scientist to advance our AI solutions. You will be responsible for incubating data driven business ideas as well as highly scalable and exciting projects and drive them to resolution. You will follow agile and scrum development methods to manage all phases of the data product life cycle. Cultivating technical ideas to audiences of different disciplines with relish is a plus. Dedication to staying current with emerging technologies, applications, methodologies, utilizing existing knowledge and technical expertise to develop innovative solutions is a must.
Was Dich erwartet:
As a member of our multi-cultural team you will be working on innovative projects and are responsible for:
- Improve and develop AI models using state-of-the-art techniques
- Monitor and follow-up your models when in production to ensure good performance & value creation
- Work closely with product to develop an overall AI product strategy
- Generate data driven business ideas and drive them to resolution
- Ability to convey technical ideas to personnel of different backgrounds
- Ability to drive our current AI solution to the next level
Was Du mitbringen solltest:
- University degree in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field
- Strong understanding of the state of the art AI techniques
- Hands on experience productizing real-world AI/ML applications
- Experience turning data into insights and knowledge
- Solid Python skills
- A strong background in statistics and mathematics
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have:
- Prior experience working in software engineering environment
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases
- Commitment to high engineering and coding standards
- Ability to thrive in situations where time management and efficiency are crucial
- Passion for working in a collaborative environment where team-work is crucial
- Communication and driving products to resolution skills are required
- Good understanding of new feature development impact on product and business
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Was wir dir bieten:
- You will become part of our international team of experienced technology and business experts.
- A modern working environment in Hamburg's Hafencity with the inspiring flair of a fast growing start-up and innovative product development.
- A professionally challenging industry environment as well as active knowledge transfer and best practice exchange within the team.
- A high degree of personal responsibility from day one and freedom to realize your own ideas.
- A value driven company mindset, with self-organizing agile teams.
- Well-funded and part of Germany’s largest online retailer, The Otto Group.
- Corporate benefits such as gym membership and shopping discounts as well as public transport ticket, fresh fruits and company events.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us your application either in German or in English for the attention of Mirko Schuh.
Bitte bewerbe dich schriftlich bzw. per E-Mail auf diese Ausschreibung.
Deine aussagekräftige Bewerbung mit Bezug auf die Nummer
richte bitte an:
collect Artificial Intelligence GmbH