Senior Data Scientist (f/m) Analytics
Each employee in our 123 companies of the Otto Group contributes daily with innovative ideas
to bring us closer to our common goal: to become "Best in class" in all areas.
The MYTOYS Group with headquarters in Berlin belongs to the Otto Group and is the leading European e-commerce company with a focus on families. In addition to myToys, our online store for toys and children's products, the MYTOYS GROUP includes the brands mirapodo, one of the largest online shoe shops in Germany, the ladies fashion online store ambellis, the home and living specialist yomonda as well as limango, Germany's leading shopping community for women and young families.
At the MYTOYS GROUP employees get everything they need to help them embark on a successful career, including interesting entry and career opportunities in the high growth e-commerce market.
Your tasks are:
- Help our users find the most relevant results for their searches in a faster way by determining the optimal choice and the best ranking of a large number of product categories and items
- Predict future sales figures to enable better planning for our logistic and customer service departments
- Detect trends and patterns to understand the needs of our customers, for example in order to improve the strategy of how myToys is purchasing items
- Predict our customers´ life time value in order to more informed marketing and personalization decisions
Our requirements are:
- A successfully completed Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Computer Science (major subject Machine Learning or Deep Learning)
- At least 2-3 years’ working experience in e-commerce sector with machine learning, data analysis or recommender systems environment
- Further theoretical knowledge and practical experience in different approaches regarding machine learning, e.g. Random Forest, Logistic Regression, Clustering Algorithms, Support Vector Machines or Neural Networks
- Hands on experience with prototyping and A/B testing
- Proficient in SQL, R and Python
- Experience developing solutions for real-world applications
- An exceptionally analytical mind-set, with the ability to handle and draw insights from large amounts of data (gigabyte and terabyte size datasets)
- An attractive, modern workplace in the heart of Berlin
- A motivated team that welcomes innovation
- Exciting analytical challenges with large impact on our millions of customers and a great deal of personal responsibility
- The daily opportunity to develop your own strengths
- Individual development opportunities, room for new ideas and flat hierarchies
- Flexible working hours for independent working and optimum compatibility of family and career
Please send your meaningful application with reference no.
Potsdamer Straße 192