Scala Developer (m/f)
Each employee in our 123 companies of the Otto Group contributes daily with innovative ideas
to bring us closer to our common goal: to become "Best in class" in all areas.
Become the Sherlock Holmes of the web and help our clients to detect the fraudsters among their customers. In this never ending race, we are beating the bad guys with technology!
In our products, we use a modern stack: Scala, Kafka, Akka, Elasticsearch / MongoDB / PostgreSQL. We use functional programming and optimize our products for performance and scale. We embrace innovation: we have a dedicated Data Science team that uses machine learning models to identify fraud patterns. Our product teams are self-organized and follow agile methods like Kanban and Scrum, so everybody can shape the product and is asked to take over responsibility.
Your tasks are:
You will work as a backend developer in one of our product teams. As such you will:
- Add new features and continuously improve the quality of our existing products
- Collaborate with other developers in pair programming sessions and code reviews
- Be responsible for the full lifecycle of your code: from the initial idea through development and testing to deployment and operation
- Participate in and improve team processes
- Be responsible for the quality of what you deliver
Our requirements are:
- Experience in Scala (Junior to Senior) and the related technology stack (SBT, Kafka, Akka is a plus) OR thorough experience in Java and the desire to learn a functional approach
- Experience in functional programming and / or OOP
- You are a team player and able to communicate in an open, constructive and friendly manner, ready to discuss your ideas with your team colleagues
- You care about quality and testing, taking into account simplicity of your solutions
- You have hands-on experience with operational environments, or desire to learn how your software runs and what it takes to operate it
- Good English language skills (German is not required)
With us you will have:
- Free choice of hardware, IDE and everything else you might need to be able to work efficiently
- Budget for conferences, trainings, etc.
- The chance to play an active role in shaping our growing startup
- Flat hierarchies and short decision making processes
- A team of experts that allows you to learn something new every day
- The possibility to overtake responsibility and to realize your own ideas - from day one
- Language classes (German and English) at no charge as well as regular team events
- Regular workout sessions
- Attractive discounts at various partner shops
- Very modern and nice offices in Hamburg’s HafenCity where you also find a soccer table, all kind of drinks and organic fruits at no charge and everything you need to feel comfortable!
If you would like to apply, please apply to email@example.com. Your application should include your desired salary (EUR gross per year) as well as your earliest possible starting date. Your contact person is Jana Gilb (Head of HR). Thank you!
RISK IDENT is a young and fast-growing software development company based in Hamburg, Germany. Founded in 2012, our team became one of the market leaders within fraud prevention in a very short period of time. Today, RISK IDENT has a strong customer base, the majority of our customers coming from e-commerce, telecommunications and financial services. We secure more than 50 billion euros of annual turnover against fraud for our customers. We are an established start-up with an innovative SaaS business model. Our target markets are Europe and the United States. We have an excellent market position and are financially backed. Today, our team consists of more than 75 people at our HQ in Hamburg, with every single one of them loving what they do. We are always on the lookout for new challenges and for smart people to accompany us along the way!
Please send your meaningful application with reference no.
Team Lead HR
Am Sandtorkai 50