(On-site or Remote) Scala Developer (d/f/m) DEVICE IDENT
Alle Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter in jeder der 123 Einzelgesellschaften der Otto Group tragen täglich mit innovativen Ideen dazu bei, uns unserem gemeinsamen Ziel näher zu bringen: in allen Bereichen Best in Class zu werden.
We’re looking for an active, communicative and fun Scala Developer (d/f/m) to join our product development team DEVICE IDENT. DEVICE IDENT is our device fingerprinting software that identifies customers’ devices through their unique characteristics and analyses them independently of their personal data. Using intelligent rule systems, DEVICE IDENT ensures that fraud correlations can be identified consistently in real-time so clients can take immediate action.
In DEVICE IDENT, we use a modern tech stack, e.g. Scala, Play Framework, Kafka, Akka, and MongoDB. We use functional programming constructs and optimise our product for performance and scalability. Following agile methods like Scrum or Kanban, the team collaborates on an eye to eye level, e.g. in pair programming sessions and code reviews. Therefore we’re looking for someone who wants to get actively involved in shaping the future development of the product
Was Dich erwartet:
- Maintain the DEVICE IDENT product ensuring scalability and stability
- Add new features and continuously improve the quality of DEVICE IDENT
- Collaborate with other Riskies, e.g. in pair programming sessions and code reviews
- Be responsible for the full lifecycle of your code: from the initial idea through development and testing to deployment and operation
- Take full responsibility for the quality of your work
Was Du mitbringen solltest:
- Experience in Scala (mid- to senior-level), SBT & Kafka (Akka is a plus)
- Experience in functional programming and / or OOP
- You are a communicative team player who likes to discuss ideas openly and constructively
- You care about quality and testing, taking into account the simplicity of your solutions
- You take over responsibility, give and take feedback and share your opinion
- You have hands-on experience with operational environments, or the desire to learn how your software runs and what it takes to operate it
- Good English language skills (German is not required)
Was wir dir bieten:
- The possibility to take over responsibility and to realise your own ideas - from day one
- Collaborative environment in which everyone works on eye-level
- A team of experts and helpful buddies that allows you to learn something new every day
- Very friendly and open environment
- Flexible remote work guideline with emphasis on team alignment
- Allocated time to pursue your personal/technical growth
- Budget for conferences, trainings, etc. and access to an online learning platform
- Free choice between Linux or MacOS on powerful mobile hardware, and everything else you might need to be able to work efficiently
- Public transport subsidy & lunch allowance
- Bike leasing via JobRad with insurance allowance
- Regular workout sessions at no charge (shower in the office)
- Attractive discounts at various partner shops and gyms
- Relocation support: constant contact person, issuing documents, help with public offices, translation support, etc.
- And many more!
Bitte bewerbe dich schriftlich bzw. per E-Mail auf diese Ausschreibung.
Deine aussagekräftige Bewerbung mit Bezug auf die Nummer
richte bitte an:
Am Sandtorkai 50
040 22868 1057
For more information check out our website. If you want to help us to take DEVICE IDENT to the next level, please send us your documents using the "apply” button. Your contact person is Katja Schimborski (HR Manager). We are looking forward to your application!