Data Engineer (f/m)
Each employee in our 123 companies of the Otto Group contributes daily with innovative ideas
to bring us closer to our common goal: to become "Best in class" in all areas.
Risk Ident is a young and fast growing software development company based in Hamburg, Germany. Founded in 2012 our team became one of the market leaders within fraud prevention in a very short period of time. Today, Risk Ident has a strong customer base, the majority of its customers coming from e-commerce, telecommunications and financial services. For our customers we secure more than 35 billion euros of annual turnover against fraud. We are an established start-up with an innovative SaaS business model. We have got an excellent market position and are financially backed by the Otto Group, Europe's second largest online retailer. Today our team consists of more than 70 people at our HQ in Hamburg, with every single one of them loving what they do. We are always on the lookout for new challenges and for smart people accompanying us along the way!
As a Data Engineer at Risk Ident, you will be a member of our FRIDA ML team. This team is developing one of our products based on a scalable platform for real-time data processing, analysis and prediction, turning insights and models into the production code that forms the backbone of our fraud prevention solutions. The Data Engineer role at Risk Ident combines Data Science and engineering skills, with a very strong focus on the latter. If you have practical experience with data mining and machine learning and a passion for building production-level analytics applications, you might be the perfect candidate for us!
Your tasks are:
- Design, implementation and evaluation of statistical models, graphs and machine learning algorithms
- Design and implementation of data models and data transformation pipelines
- Working together with our Data Science team to develop and integrate new approaches for fraud detection
- Development and maintenance of our main software components
- Data exploration, analysis and monitoring of data quality
- Supporting the integration, release and deployment process
- Bringing in your ideas of how to improve our software by new technologies
Our requirements are:
- A team player, able to communicate in an open, constructive and friendly manner
- Experience with implementing statistical models, graphs & machine learning algorithms
- Knowledge of Scala, feeling comfortable with SBT and testing frameworks
- Knowledge of state-of-the art data processing technologies and machine learning libraries, e.g. Apache Spark
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience with data exploration and analysis, e.g. with Python and/or R
- Experience in processing large volumes of data, in particular NoSQL & stream processing technologies, is a plus
- Theoretical background in data mining, pattern recognition, information retrieval & machine learning is a plus
- Good English language skills (we have an international team, German is not required)
With us you will have:
- Free choice of hardware, IDE and everything else you might need to be able to work efficiently
- Budget for conferences, trainings, etc.
- The chance to play an active role in shaping our growing start-up
- Flat hierarchies and short decision making processes
- A team of experts which allows you to learn something new every day
- The possibility to overtake responsibility and to realise your own ideas - from day one
- Language classes (German and English) at no charge as well as regular team events
- Regular workout sessions (shower in the office)
- Attractive discounts at various partner shops
- Very modern and nice offices in Hamburg’s HafenCity where you also find a soccer table, all kind of drinks and organic fruits at no charge and everything you need to feel comfortable!
If you would like to apply, please use the application button. You could also apply to email@example.com. Your application shall include your desired salary (EUR gross per year) as well as your earliest possible starting date. Thank you!
Please send your meaningful application with reference no.
Am Sandtorkai 50