Backend Search Engineer (m/f)
Each employee in our 123 companies of the Otto Group contributes daily with innovative ideas
to bring us closer to our common goal: to become "Best in class" in all areas.
Your tasks are:
You Are Ready To Play. As a Backend Search Engineer (m/f), you will take end to end responsibility for the personalized real-time product search. We operate on a Java-centric Microservice stack with a solid Solr and Kafka database with near real-time data synchronization. You can make an impact on the design and architecture of our new AI-based visual search approach. You Are Setting Standards: Variety. You design, develop, deploy, operate and improve important software solutions that impact millions of customers. Autonomy. Based on our Microservice architecture, you and your team will own your code and decide which technologies and tools to deliver, as well as, operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS). Ownership. You and your team will work like a startup and take ownership for the whole development cycle - from architecture design to testing to implementation and maintenance. Excellence. You will join a team dedicated to deliver the highest standards when it comes to the quality of your code and implementation. You will add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture, and search technology.
Our requirements are:
- Technology. Strong knowledge of Java/Spring Boot stacks. Experience search technologies like SOLR would be a plus. You are experienced with RDBMS, NoSQL databases, and have an in-depth understanding of the consistency and availability guarantees they provide. You have experience building Microservice architectures, distributed systems, and RESTful APIs, you have initial knowledge of the KAFKA stack.
- Experienced with building and/or running large-scale applications on a PaaS/SaaS cloud, preferably AWS.
- You build systems for production. You care about throughput, latency, and availability before they become a problem, and build appropriate monitoring before bringing anything live.
- Courageous. In taking ownership and being accountable for the results of your decisions.
- Motivated. In making a positive impact on our engineering culture and encouraging knowledge sharing.
- Ambitious. In delivering products that re-define the customer experience and making bold decisions about the means and tools of delivery and operation.
- Knowledge Exchange. You will lead and mentor team members in terms of best practices, code quality, and tech frameworks.
- Culture. A culture of trust and empowerment, meetups, newest toys, clubs, tech talks, “lunch and learns“, Hacker-weeks, parties & events.
- Perks. Competitive salary, MyToys.de, Ambellis, Mirapodo and Yomonda shopping discount, discounts from external partners like Otto group, public transport discounts, free drinks, and the hardware of your choice.
- Work Environment. Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours with the opportunity of mobile working.
Please send your meaningful application with reference no.
Ihr Kontakt: Jan Werth
Potsdamer Straße 192